Looking to sell your home and wondering how to choose the best agent? The following tips will help you make the right choice.
The CEO of the Real Estate Regulatory Agency (RERA) says that Dubai has too many real estate firms and too many brokers.
Read the following tips that will make you more prepared when it comes to hiring a real estate firm to help you sell your property in Dubai.
- Legal or Illegal: It is important to make sure that the agents within the firm are licensed by the Dubai Land Department. It is illegal to work with an unauthorized real estate broker in Dubai. Always check the documents and ID before moving ahead with the transaction.
- Find out the past deals: Always conduct due diligence regarding the firm and ask them to provide you with details of their past and recent deals within the real estate sector. If possible, get contact details of the agent’s past clients so that you get more details about the ability, product knowledge and expertise of the agent you are planning to hire. Information such as the asking prices of the properties the agent have sold and the transaction prices can help you. Always look for referrals as well.
- How long in the business: An experienced agent will be able to guide you better through the whole process. You can also test the agent’s experience by asking him/her specific questions about the area, available properties, prices, rents, ROI associated with property etc. A good agent will be able to give you answers to all above questions confidently.
- Awards and recognitions: A real estate firm that is honored by various media firms and government agencies for their outstanding performance is a good sign. Check if the agent you are intending to hire has been honored in the past. Although this is not always a deciding factor, it will definitely give you more insight while trying to decide.
- Area Experts: Like in other global markets, Dubai also has area specialists. It is highly recommended that you hire a broker who specializes in the area where your house is located, as he or she will have a clear idea about the asking price and the actual transaction price. By choosing an area specialist, you will end up saving a lot of time and money.
- Marketing Capability: What is the kind of reach the firm has? Do they have a list of potential buyers that you can tap into?
Do they have the right marketing capability to market your property? Their social media reach, PR reach and other channels can help you decide this.
Make sure the marketing collateral address your specific area and include detailed comparables for your property.
It takes hard work, dedication, connections and expertise to sell even the most fabulous home in this planet!